|Job title||Health and Safety Officer|
|Location||Kidderminster (hybrid working from home)|
|Reporting to||HR Manager|
|The mission for the Health and Safety officer is to coordinate, support and advise on all areas of Health and Safety within the business.
As a business we pride ourselves on striving for excellence and continuous improvement, and the Health and Safety Officer will use their experience to establish, monitor and manage systems and processes to promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the business and its partners.
Key responsibilities include:
· Ensure H&S Policies and procedures are reviewed and relevant, and that they are communicated and adhered to.
· Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
· Liaising with appropriate stakeholders, ensure that RAMs are in place and are reviewed regularly for all areas of operation. Ensure the outputs are acted upon where required and RAMs are communicated to employees and workers so that they are aware of their obligations.
· Work proactively with Managers and other key staff to maintain a programme of continuous improvement in heath and safety within their areas of responsibility
· With appropriate stakeholders’ input, lead accident investigations and ensure improvements are implemented where necessary.
· Manage and maintain a programme of safety inspections, audits and checks.
· Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
· Manage a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
· Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate
relevant changes to the business.
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by from time to time
|These will be the measured and expected outcomes to accomplish:
· With the support of the HR Manager implement a health and safety change programme to drive a positive health and safety culture across all areas of the business.
· Incident Reports
· Near Miss Reports
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
· Strong IT skills (MS Applications)
· NEBOSH General Certificate or similar
· IOSH Member (desirable)
· Experience of Health and Safety in construction (desirable)
· Professional, confident approach with strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively work in cross functional teams
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Treating customers, colleagues and everyone we deal with fairly.
· Providing excellent service and support to our customers.
· Always looking for a better way and challenging the norm.
· Always looking to help your team mates succeed.
For further details please contact Lisa March